Now Hiring! Program and Administrative Assistant
(1 year Contract)
Hiring Organization: PEGASUS Institute
Application Deadline: October 21, 2022
Start Date: As soon as possible
Pay Rate (per hour): $22.50/ hour
Job Type: Part-time (15-20 hours per week), Contract – 1 year
Location: PEGASUS Institute operates virtually. The selected candidate will be able to from anywhere in Canada. Particular events may take place in-person at various locations across Canada.
Hours of Work: Generally during Monday- Friday 9:00 AM-5:00 PM, Eastern. Hours are flexible with occasional responsibilities weekends and evenings.
Reporting to: Executive Administrator/ Acting Executive Director
PEGASUS Institute, a non-profit organization that envisions a world where peaceful interaction provides for sustainable global health. The mission of the organization is to promote equity, justice and global health in its nexus with peace and environmental sustainability through interactive fora to share knowledge, education, field experiences, various forms of evidence, advocacy and policy.
PROGRAM AND ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
PEGASUS Institute seeks a Program and Administrative Assistant to fill a one year contract. The Program and Administrative Assistant will work alongside the Executive Administrator/ Acting Executive Director and will also work with local and national partners and networks. The position will commence as early as the beginning of November, 2022.
Reporting to the Executive Administrator/ Acting Executive Director and working closely with the Board President, responsibilities of the Program and Administrative Assistant include:
PROGRAMMING SUPPORT/ EVENT MANAGEMENT
- Assist the Executive Administrator/ Acting Executive Director with the planning, organization and operation of PEGASUS Institute’s existing programs, program partners, networks and commitments
- Assist with the planning, coordination and realization of all PEGASUS Institute projects and programs (Virtual Event Series, Wolfe Island Event, CMF Refugee Health Professionals, Summer Institute with McGill University, Research projects (GBV, Indigenous Policing, Environmental Toxins) etc.
- Assist with the development, monitoring, and reporting on PEGASUS Institute programming, program plan and schedule
- Provide administrative, technical and marketing support to PEGASUS Institute Networks (Francophone, Latin American Network and Emerging Leaders Network) as needed.
- Document and track Network membership and keep up to date with network happenings, activities and developments
MEETINGS AND ENGAGEMENT
- Attend and contribute to monthly Board of Directors meetings
- Attend Network meetings as needed and ensure technical aspects are set up appropriately
- Plan, organize and attend activity/ program planning meetings with internal and external partners
COMMUNICATIONS AND OPERATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and respond to incoming and necessary outgoing communications in a timely manner.
- Scheduling and organization of organizational meetings (internal and external)
- Documentation of meetings via production of meeting minutes and notes
- Maintain saving, storing, organizing and maintaining organizational files and documents on an online drive.
- Develop databases, organize and construct documents
- Develop, organize and edit presentations and slideshows
- Develop, maintain, deepen and refine all aspects of communications. This includes drafting and sending out email communications, developing and posting to social media, developing and updating the PEGASUS Institute website
- Communicate with the Francophone and Latin American Networks as well as the Emerging Leaders Network on a regular basis to support their operations and relay information to the wider Network.
MARKETING, SOCIAL MEDIA & WEB DEVELOPMENT
- Develop content to increase community engagement online (social media, web, email communications).
- Create, develop and update the PEGASUS Institute Website
- Create digital posters, flyers, materials and graphics
- Create, develop and post content on social media
- Edit, upload and share (on YouTube and the PEGASUS Institute website) of webinar, roundtable and other related video content
- Respond to queries through social networks
- Keep up to date with domain registration and licensing.
Our successful candidate will be a go-getter, an individual excited by the opportunity to execute PEGASUS Institute’s core and project -based programs, and to be a part of its growth and evolution as a valued contributor to global health, peace and environmental sustainability. This individual will be prepared and willing to take an active role in all aspects of the business as needed to ensure success.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum undergraduate degree in Public Health, Global Health, Social Sciences, Peace Studies, Global Affairs, Environmental Sciences or a related field.
- Capacity to continue the innovative and entrepreneurial approaches to organizational development
- Experience working with non-profit, academic and/or community programs.
- Experience working with diverse communities, including Indigenous communities, immigrants and refugees as well as other equity deserving communities and or with international organization and capacity in different languages and cultures.
- A demonstrated commitment to improving the health and wellbeing of all, especially for culturally diverse, underserved and equity deserving individuals and communities through education, advocacy and an active social movement for change.
- Experience in developing and initiating new programming ideas and service delivery models in partnership with key stakeholders such as the public sector, academic institutions, non-profit, health system partners, and private industry.
- Experienced with building, supporting, and managing collaborative partnerships, relationships, and collaborations; and developing, facilitating, executing, and evaluating events, workshops, collaborative meetings, discussions, presentations, and programs of various sizes with socially, economically, linguistically, and culturally diverse clientele.
- Sound understanding of the multidimensionality, complexity and intersectionality of health and its interlinkages with peace, environmental sustainability and other social determinants of health
- Skilled at leading and working collaboratively with teams in a fast paced environment that requires the ability to adapt quickly to change.
- Strong interpersonal, written communication and presentation skills, and able to develop strong professional rapport quickly in a variety of social and cultural contexts.
- Dynamic, innovative, creative, excellent critical analysis, appraisal, and decision making skills.
- Professional, organized, action oriented, ambitious, flexible, and motivated in work activities.
HOW TO APPLY
PEGASUS Institute is an organization that is working to embed the values of individual and group differences within its working environment. We value diversity of backgrounds and perspectives of our staff, members, networks and partners. Indigenous peoples, people of colour, those from equity deserving communities and people across the spectrums of gender, sexuality, age, and abilities are encouraged to apply.
If you have questions or concerns about accessibility throughout the hiring process, please email: email@example.com.
Please email your resume with a one to two page cover letter outlining why you are the person for this position and address it to Melissa Whaling and the PEGASUS Institute Board of Directors, firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
This is a contract position.
Application Deadline: October 21, 2022 or until the right candidate is found.